A fire severely damaged a Minot home Sunday morning.
The fire, at a home in the 1000 block of 8th Street Southeast, was called in by a neighbor who saw smoke coming out a window around 11 a.m. Capt. Brian Nelson of the Minot Fire Department said no one was home at the time, and there were no injuries. A pet dog of the family living there was not in the home when the fire occurred.
"Initially there was a report of a dog in the house, so when we made entry to fight the fire we also did a quick search for the dog and tried to find that, but there was no dog," Nelson said. "The dog was with the family at the time."
Nelson said the fire started in a bedroom, but as of yet no cause has been determined. Although firefighters were able to extinguish the fire, Nelson said it caused quite a bit of damage before they did so.
"The damage is extensive," Nelson said. "One room was completely gutted and there's a lot of smoke damage throughout the house."