Sign In | Create an Account | Welcome, . My Account | Logout | Subscribe | Submit News | Customer Service | Contact Us | Routes Available | All Access E-Edition | Home RSS

State Fair Parade entry fees go to Red Cross

October 7, 2011
By DAILY NEWS STAFF , Minot Daily News

In the photo at right, Jim Clifford, left, chairman of the State Fair Parade Committee, presents a check for $3,000 to Allen McGeough, executive director of the Mid-Dakota Chapter of the American Red Cross in Minot Wednesday. The donation represents 95 percent of the entry fees for the 2011 parade, which was not held this year. The parade was canceled because of the flood situation in the city. The remaining 5 percent of the entrants already had donated to Minot's flood recovery, Clifford said. The money donated to the Red Cross will go toward emergency services provided in the Mid-Dakota Chapter's service area, McGeough said. The Mid-Dakota Chapter covers 14 northwest counties.

Article Photos

Eloise Ogden/MDN



I am looking for:
News, Blogs & Events Web