More than 1,000 military members are on duty in Minot and area on flood duty.
According to North Dakota National Guard information, as of Tuesday:
- About 850 North Dakota National Guard members are on duty in Minot, Burlington and other locations in Ward and McHenry counties.
Submitted Photo • North Dakota National Guardsmen are on security patrol in an evacuated area in Minot on June 25, shown in this photo by Sgt. Jes Geffre.
Submitted Photo • Staff Sgt. Jason Lothspeich, of the 817th Engineer Company, is among several North Dakota National Guard members monitoring flood water along the Broadway flood levee in Minot June 24, shown in this photo by Senior Master Sgt. David H. Lipp.
Submitted Photo • North Dakota Guardsmen place one-ton sandbags on 16th Street and Railway Avenue in Minot June 24.
Submitted Photo • North Dakota National Guard soldiers place plastic sheeting on an earthen levee near Sawyer on June 26, shown in this photo by Sgt Brett Miller.
Submitted Photo • Minot Air Force Base airmen assist residents of Velva with sandbagging June 26, shown in this photo by Sgt Brett Miller.
- Nearly 170 airmen from Minot Air Force Base are working in close coordination with the Guard in support of civil authorities in Minot.
- The N.D. National Guard is supporting Trinity Hospital in Minot with a Reverse Osmosis Water Purification Unit.
- The N.D. National Guard has two UH-60 Black Hawk helicopters stationed in Minot for search and rescue missions, firefighting, survey and aerial placement of one-ton sandbags. In addition, two UH-1 Huey helicopters from Minot AFB are ready for immediate response.
- The N.D. National Guard has three Quick Reaction Forces in Minot.