More than 1,000 military members are on duty in Minot and area on flood duty.
According to North Dakota National Guard information, as of Tuesday:
- About 850 North Dakota National Guard members are on duty in Minot, Burlington and other locations in Ward and McHenry counties.
Submitted Photo • North Dakota National Guardsmen are on security patrol in an evacuated area in Minot on June 25, shown in this photo by Sgt. Jes Geffre.
- Nearly 170 airmen from Minot Air Force Base are working in close coordination with the Guard in support of civil authorities in Minot.
- The N.D. National Guard is supporting Trinity Hospital in Minot with a Reverse Osmosis Water Purification Unit.
- The N.D. National Guard has two UH-60 Black Hawk helicopters stationed in Minot for search and rescue missions, firefighting, survey and aerial placement of one-ton sandbags. In addition, two UH-1 Huey helicopters from Minot AFB are ready for immediate response.
- The N.D. National Guard has three Quick Reaction Forces in Minot.